WORDS Michaela Stehr
Geared at inspiration seekers, shoppers, DIY and decor enthusiasts, the HOMEMAKERS Expo runs from 30 August to 2 September 2018, at the Cape Town International Convention Centre (CTICC).
This year, the Cape Town HOMEMAKER’s Expo focuses on real homes for real people. Here are 6 things you can look forward to.
- Truly Artisan – Explore hand=crafted homeware, ceramics, leatherware, design, art and jewellery by top local artisans.
- The tuis | home theatre – Watch the experts presenting live, hands-on DIY, food and makeover workshops.
- The INTERIOR Spaces feature – This feature area will showcase trend-setting interior gurus creating their dream spaces.
- d’VINE Life – Taste the best local treats, wines, beers and gins on offer. A firm favourite.
- Tafelberg AV Emporium – Get digital with top audiovisual gear.
- WODC Concrete Workshop and The Concrete Shop – This new addition offers a creative space for makers and designers to explore and demonstrate the many uses of concrete to visitors. The Concrete Shop will be filled with one-of-a-kind concrete pieces, all sold in aid of DARG (Domestic Animal Rescue Group).
Show times are Thursday to Saturday from 10am to 7pm and Sunday from 10am to 6pm. The expo will cost R90 for adults and R70 for pensioners. Free for children under 16. Tickets will be available at the door or via Quicket.
For more information, visit homemakersonline.co.za.