COMPILED BY Michaela Stehr
Mirroring the organic shapes found in nature, these pieces bring a comforting element to any space – an ideal contrast to bold and angular contemporary designs.
1. Fantasia Mirror By Dokter and Misses: Named after the fantasy land in the film The Neverending Story, this sculptural mirror tests the limits of balance.
2. Lily Patinated Bowls By Conrad Hicks For Southern Guild: These unique, hand-forged copper bowls are made using traditional blacksmiths’ methods.
3. Slab Live Edge Dining Table By Egg Designs: Each Slab table created by Durban-based Egg Designs comes with a one-of-a-kind African mahogany top and solid cast iron legs.
4. Blob Lamp By Dokter and Misses: Introduce a playful accent with a Blob light – a witty, sculptural desk lamp that originated from a doodle.
5. Nwa-Mulamula By Rich Mnisi For Southern Guild: This striking chaise longue is inspired by the form and presence of artist and fashion designer Rich Mnisi’s late great-grandmother.
6. Bahla Chair By Bofred: Forming part of the BASK collection, the sculptural Bahla chair is made of solid ash wood, and stained with a black natural oil.
7. Full Moon Armchair By Murrmurr: The design of this chair was inspired by the full moon. Various fabric options are available – or can be specified or supplied.
8. Hourglass Glasses By Dokter and Misses: Handmade by expert glassblowers at Ngwenya Glass in Eswatini using recycled glass, these covetable vessels are all reversible.
9. Mensam Meridium (Glowing Dining Table) From The “In The Absence Of Light” Series By Stanislaw Trzebinski For Southern Guild: This bronze and walnut table literally shines – or, more accurately, glows in the dark – courtesy of its pigmented epoxy finish.
10. Sunnyside Mirror By Dokter and Misses: This wall mirror combines a structured grid with an amorphous shape.