COMPILED BY Amelia Brown
Spring is in the air and as you prepare for longer evenings and more outdoor entertaining (BTW: don’t miss our 10 must-haves) we’re planning on stargazing around one of these wood-burning firepits.
While there’s nothing quite like the sound and smell of burning wood, there’s the smoke and cleanup to consider. If you’re looking for alternatives, there are different fuels available for outdoor fires namely, gas, propane and bio-ethanol.
Propane, like natural gas, is a fossil fuel. It’s low maintenance and available through tank purchases. It’s more expensive than other fuels, but gives off a lot of heat. Bio-ethanol is a renewable energy and also offers the no cleanup option. Here’s a link to all you need to know about it.
From sleek to traditional, here are five firepits to suit every budget.
1. Eva Solo Globe Fireplace R3 999, Yuppiechef
2. Contemporary Firepit R6 995, Weylandts
3. Terrace Leisure Basilica Fire Basket R599, Makro
4. Modello Chiminea from R2 900 (small), Mexican Imports
5. Fireside Firepit and Braai R1 750, Outdoor Warehouse