COMPILED BY Annemarie Meintjes and Lindi Brownell Meiring
Rattan, cane, bamboo, wicker… We just can’t get enough of texture at home right now. VISI has selected 10 pieces for you to keep in mind.
Remember to also take note of these top care tips:
- Try to keep rattan, cane and wicker furniture out of direct sunlight.
- If they have to be in a sunny spot, rotate pieces regularly to ensure they are exposed to the sun equally on all sides.
- Clean these natural fibres every few weeks: wipe down with a damp (not soaking-wet) cloth to gently remove dust, then air-dry.
- You can also remove dust with a vacuum cleaner – use the brush nozzle, and be gentle. Or simply brush off debris and dirt with a dry paintbrush.
- Tackle mould or mildew as soon as it appears, using a diluted bleach solution applied with a damp cloth.
- Removable cushion covers should be cleaned annually.
1. Rattan Diamond Pendant Light R1 995, Weylandts
2. Helena Chair R4 099, Sofacompany
3. Sahara Bed R8 920, Aura Interiors
4. Bamboo Thermos Flasks R990 each, Pezula Interiors
5. Curved Rattan Bedside Table R6 500, Meuble
6. Crowley Nest Chair R9 995, Block & Chisel
7. Freestanding Rattan Cupboard R32 550, Meuble
8. Mappe Dining Chair R2 995, Weylandts
9. Rattan Couch R4 800, Esque
10. Carlo Bar Table in Natural (also available in Antique or Black) R5 490, Pezula Interiors