COMPILED BY Annemarie Meintjes and Lindi Brownell Meiring
Rattan, cane, bamboo, wicker… We just can’t get enough of texture at home right now. VISI has selected 10 pieces for you to keep in mind.
Remember to also take note of these top care tips:
- Try to keep rattan, cane and wicker furniture out of direct sunlight.
- If they have to be in a sunny spot, rotate pieces regularly to ensure they are exposed to the sun equally on all sides.
- Clean these natural fibres every few weeks: wipe down with a damp (not soaking-wet) cloth to gently remove dust, then air-dry.
- You can also remove dust with a vacuum cleaner – use the brush nozzle, and be gentle. Or simply brush off debris and dirt with a dry paintbrush.
- Tackle mould or mildew as soon as it appears, using a diluted bleach solution applied with a damp cloth.
- Removable cushion covers should be cleaned annually.
Kotini Lamp Range
From R1816.50 | Weylandts.co.za
R3599 | za.sofacompany.com
R13995 | aurainteriors.co.za
Glass Jug with Cane
R795 | pezulainteriors.co.za
Curved Rattan Bedside Table
R11250 | meuble.store
R3495 | blockandchisel.co.za
Freestanding Rattan Cupboard
R44850 | meuble.store
Mappe Dining Chair
R3595 | Weylandts.co.za
R4800 | esque.co.za
Carlo Bar Table in Natural (also available in Antique or Black
R5590 | pezulainteriors.co.za